Friday, January 22, 2010

Basics of the Baggetts

So. This is it. I have come out of the world of blog lurkers. I really don't know why it took this long for me to start my own blog! I was actually talking to a friend about starting a blog herself. She just found out she's on bedrest (for the most part) because she's carrying quads!! I told her that we'd all be interested to know what she had to say while she was at home. Then I started thinking, "Wow, that's the pot calling the kettle black."

So. Here I am. A little bit about me and the Baggett Basics to begin with. I have been married to my unbelievable husband for 12 years. I know, we can't believe how long that is either! In that time, we have managed to accomplish alot. We both received our undergrad degrees from the same school. We had a beautiful daughter, Annaleigh, in '98. My husband, a former active duty Army member and current member of the Alabama National Guard, went to Officer Candidate School for a few months and went from an enlisted soldier to an officer. He has since moved up the ladder to make Captain. Uncle Sam called shortly after that, and Jason ended up spending a year in Iraq. That left me at home with Annaleigh all alone. I began my first teaching job just three days after he left. I think I was so overwhelmed with 8th graders, I didn't have much time to miss him (although I really did!) Our long time apart ended up lasting 13 months.


Shortly after he came home, along came sweet baby number two, a boy, named Alden, in '06. While I was still expecting, like I needed another thing on my plate, I went back to school for my Master's and finished in 11 months. (I believe in torturing one's self for a short time, rather than dragging it out.) Last year, as if I hadn't had enough school so far, I completed a rigorous process for teachers called National Board Certification, and I PASSED the first time! This year I teach 6th grade Science, but most years I teach both 6th & 7th grade. Now, Jason has started his Master's degree. AND, if that isn't enough, we are now expecting sweet baby number three in August!!

So. Once again. That's about it in a nutshell. I started this blog as sort of a scrapbook for my family, and if I might entertain my husband, parents, and in-laws, or embarrass my kids along the way, then well, that's just a bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment