Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Back from the Doc

Today's appointment was fun! There was a student in the ultrasound room, so I got to just lay back and watch while she learned, which equates to more time for me to stare at my sweet baby! He or she measured 24.5 weeks and I'm at 25.1 weeks, so that's pretty much on target. The surprise....he or she gained an entire pound in 5 weeks and now weighs 1 lb, 12 oz!
Also, I was right! He or she is breech! No one seemed bothered by that, at least not now. The baby did a lot of hiding today, too! The ultrasound girls couldn't believe we didn't want to find out the sex, and it was just killing one of them. She even turned the screen away from me so that I couldn't see so she could try to get a peek! As they were looking, both girls started laughing and said that this baby was keeping the secret well! It's legs were closed tight, so if Mama wasn't going to find out, neither were they! The baby was also so sweet in that what we did see was of the baby chewing on its fist.

So far, I have gained 14 lbs. I am sure I should probably slow down a little bit right about now, but for the moment...all is good!


That is the face hiding behind the placenta.


Chewing on its fist...the next one is better.


If you look sideways, you can see this sweet thing really going to town on its fist! During the ultrasound, you could even see the baby sticking its tongue in and out of its mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment