Sunday, March 7, 2010

Pregnancy - Week 16

Although I was fairly sure last week, I am REALLY sure this week, that this baby is moving! We'll call this one "Thumper" because that's exactly what it feels like! I think we skipped right over the butterflies and gas bubbles and went straight to outright kicking! It's so sweet. Of course, when I'm up and busy, I don't feel a lot, but when I get still....WOW!

Although I don't remember the exact week, I do remember what I was doing and where I was when Annaleigh made her first move...Jason was off with the military doing something (he was active duty at the time and we were in Ft. Benning, GA) and I was home alone. I was sitting in the recliner drinking my favorite instant tea and cross-stitching a blanket that never actually came to be!! All of the sudden, I felt a very distinct kick! Since she was my first and I really wasn't sure, I did what any new mother-to-be would do...I called my Mama! She verified that it was probably my dear daughter indeed!

So sad, but with Alden, I have absolutely no recollection of when I first felt him move! What is it with middle children? Am I really reinforcing the stereotype subconciously??

No comments:

Post a Comment