Monday, April 12, 2010

Easter 2010

Easter was a great day with a great reason to celebrate! He is Risen!!! Church was fabulous, and in great Southern Baptist tradition, we sang all of my favorite Easter hymns, like "Up From the Grave He Arose," that I've been singing since I was a little girl. We were supposed to be in the nursery for church, but someone else decided to stay with his wife, so they sent us out to "big church."

Every year since we've been married, we always bring the camera to church and take pics in front of the trees. Funny how Easter falls on different weekends and weather patterns, so sometimes the trees are in full bloom, sometimes they're green, and sometimes they look dead! They were really pretty this year.


Easter 2010
Annaleigh (age 11)
Alden (age 4)
Baby Baggett (20 weeks....on the way!)



As we were trying on clothes for Easter, Alden became very irritable, and quite frankly, a little crabby about wanting a "tag." The clothes we were trying on had those security tags on them, so that's what Jason and I thought he was talking about. He kept getting more and more ill and didn't like anything we picked out. I finally said, tell me what a tag looks like. He began to gesture with his hand and around his neck and chest and said, you know it's long....that sweet boy wanted a tie! So a tie he got!



Sweet Brother and Sister




We usually all go to my parents house after church for the Easter festivities. Last year, my dad hooked up the wagons to the lawnmower and let the kids ride. It seems to have become a tradition! The kids had a really great time, but I think Granddaddy liked it best of all. He is the one in the blue bunny ears!


Alden enjoying the ride


Annaleigh pretending that she's too big for this, but she was really having fun too!



Granddaddy, Nana, and Baby Claire


Alden finding all the eggs hidden around Granddaddy's old truck


More egg hunting with Alden...
Annaleigh was happier hiding the eggs for the little tykes.


Alden showing his loot to his cousin Dawson


Ok, no, I am not that bad of a photographer, and no, I'm not really mad! I hesitate to include this, b/c it was an accident! Even though I am smack in the middle of this photo and I am clearly not expecting my pic to be taken....and I am the size of a house...I think it is sweet b/c you can see all of my family (and friends) in the background! I am thinking that my brother, Culley took this. Annaleigh is on the left in her Daddy's lap, and he is talking to Granddaddy. That's me in the middle foreground! My Great Uncle Bobby is on the steps next to my SIL Brandi who is checking out her pics! That's my grandmother in the front right. On the back of the porch is Taylor (his mother, Suzi, keeps my niece, Claire, during the week), my other brother Wes is under the orange balloon, and Gene is beside him (Suzi's hubby.) Then, almost out of frame is Suzi! I think that's Suzi's daughter in the background too! Who am I missing? Well, Mom isn't in the pic. Neither is Alden, Claire, or Dawson. Needless to say, I feel very blessed to be surrounded by all of my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment