Monday, December 27, 2010

Santa's Village

Santa's Village was very cold this year...and crowded...and Santa was a GROUCH with capital letters (can you believe that??)....

But we still had fun because we were there with each other. I love my family so much.



Decorating gingerbread cookies...


Eating said cookies...


Posing with friends...


Picture with Santa in which he chastised me for my flash not firing properly...

Did I mention that Aubrey woke up, screamed incessantly in the 35 degree weather as I tried to keep her in my baby sling, covered in a blanket, as she refused to take a bottle, and I changed her on my knees in the cold bathroom twice, finally got her to nurse as I carried her in the aforementioned cold weather, all while trying to keep myself from being exposed by trying to keep a blanket across both she and I, as I held her 14 pound body in my arms that I thought would eventually fall off, as I wound my way through the Santa house, as people in very close quarters watched and tried to figure out, "Is she really nursing a baby under there?" where I proceeded to pop her off just before I got to Santa, and turned on my camera in a real hurry so the other cold folks behind me wouldn't have to wait, where Santa then chastised me for my camera flash not firing? But I digress... ;-)


Picture where chastising Santa was not looking at the camera when the flash did fire properly...


Picture of Santa looking at Aubrey (probably silently chastising her for being born into such an incompetent family!)...




Listening to Mrs. Claus' niece read a Christmas story...

Again, I have a GREAT sense of humor, and in times like this, it serves me well! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment