Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pregnancy Finally Coming to an End???!!!

Thursday, the 5th, was my second doctor appointment for the week. On Monday, the doc said I was at 3.5 and 75% and that I should come and "bring my stuff" just in case, so needless to say I was pretty excited! I also decided to go back to work for all of the inservice days before school started, so I was tired and swelled and fairly miserable!

I had my bi-weekly non-stress test, and they made me stay on the machine for 2 cyles. I knew I was having some pretty good contractions, but I had to wait until the doc came and and gave the go ahead...AND HE DID!!! I was at 4 by that point, so I went on the the hospital! Shortly after I got there, Jason and Annaleigh arrived to keep me company.


There were lots of questions to answer....
And forms to fill out...
And this is the last official picture of my baby belly at 38 weeks and 3 days!


Annaleigh calling all of her friends...

So, those are the last pics before the chaos started and the big announcement came...Things went a little crazy after this. I had a really fast labor with both my other children, and after my water breaks, it's on! I tried to tell the nurse and the doc that I wanted my epidural BEFORE they broke my water, but it just didn't happen like that. The doc needed to do it right away and get things going, so I reluctantly agreed. He broke my water at 9:25pm. Strong contractions followed...and followed...and followed. Then came the pressure. I kept trying to tell them it was going fast...too fast. I got the epidural at 10:25pm, and the contractions were much better, but the pressure kept building. The nurses came in to get things ready and I assured them that I WAS READY! She checked me and I had gone from 5 to 10 in a matter of about 10 minutes! They intended to walk me through some practice pushes, but apparently I don't need any practice. Once I "practiced" they said to STOP! I tried, but it was too late for that! Once they realized there was no turning back, the sweet nurses did what they do best! They had no choice but to deliver my sweet baby and be the first to announce...


It's a GIRL!


Aubrey Jill Baggett
August 5, 2010
10:56pm
7 lbs. 9 oz.
19.5 inches

The surprised look on my sweet doctor's face was priceless when he walked in to deliver the baby that I was holding in my arms! He was only about 5 minutes late, but late enough that he missed the whole show! He was in the hospital, but Aubrey was just in too much of a hurry to get here in order to wait. After the doc came in and took care of the rest of what he was there to do, he decided to direct an impromptu photo session with my camera! Apparently it's his hobby of sorts, so we were lucky to get him to give us some good family photos!


Mommy, Daddy, and Baby Aubrey


Proud Papa


Big Sister Annaleigh was right there when Aubrey was born!
Alden was at home with Granddaddy, but came about midnight to meet his new sister!


Nana was there, too!


This is one of my favorite pictures. We had to get a picture with my doctor who I've seen with all of my children (although he didn't deliver Annaleigh), and my nurse, Amy. Aubrey wasn't too crazy about this at first, so he planted some kisses on her and things got much better for the next pic:


Dr. Bailey, a quiet Aubrey, and Amy


Daddy, Annaleigh, and Aubrey


Mommy and Aubrey



Nana and her 5th grandbaby


Aubrey and her Great-Grandmother Dunn


My three babies


Big Sister Annaleigh (exactly 1 month from being 12 years old)
Little Sister Aubrey (not yet 24 hours old)
Big Brother Alden (4 1/2 years old)



Aubrey's going home outfit


Two very blessed parents of three beautiful, healthy children


Heading home very late at night...Mommy couldn't stay in that bed one more second!

No comments:

Post a Comment