Saturday, August 21, 2010

Soccer Star

It's hard to find something that young boys can do. Annaleigh was in dance before she turned three, but sports for little guys are hard to come by. They can't play any of the major three yet, so soccer is where we finally turned, although Jason and I don't know anything about it!

Alden's first soccer practice was 4 days after Aubrey was born. I couldn't take her with us because it was just too hot here in Alabama in our triple-digit heat, but I also couldn't miss my son's big debut. So, Granddaddy "reluctanly" agreed to keep Aubrey for the rest of the family to go to practice! I bet she didn't get laid down the entire hour I was gone!!

The first half of practice, the kids do drills and such, then the second half, they split up and play a "game." The only drawback was that we were lacking in some basic equipment when we arrived! The first parent meeting took place while I was in the hospital having Aubrey, so needless to say, we missed it. I talked to the director that weekend about what we needed to do and got all the info...except the part about needing special shoes, socks and shinguards! I think the guy must have thought we knew, or just forgot to tell us! I said before, we know nothing about soccer, and since this was "little kid" soccer, we really didn't think it was that serious. So, in these pics, Alden is the only kid not wearing the proper attire! He was set the next week though. Here are some shots of the big day...


Getting info from the "Coach"



Talking strategy...


Ready for a water break...


Hoard mentality!





No comments:

Post a Comment