Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Dancing the Weekend Away


My daughter, Annaleigh, has been dancing at the same studio for 9 years. Now, she is only 11, so you do the math. Dance has brought so many things to our otherwise calm household. From the time she was very small, I could tell that dancing really brought out her personality. My dad was the first to notice this, since he actually took her to dance much of the time. At times, I wish we could put some of that personality back! But alas, we are stuck with a vibrant, bubbly, booty-shaking girl.It seems that there is never a shortage of laughter in our house, and often, it leads to "stop dancing like that!!" We take it all in stride. At least I do. Hubby is another story, but I digress.

This year marked a first for us. Competition Dance...a whole other monster full of weekend hotel stays, lots of fancy warmups and matching attire, as well as a whole other level of spending money! Dance Convention was this past weekend.This is where the students learn under other master teachers. There was jazz, hip-hop, ballet...you get the picture. All day Saturday. All day Sunday. Since I am expecting, this is wearing on me, so some dear mothers who found out I was asleep in my car in the parking garage (very safe, I know) came to my rescue and sent me home early Sunday, promising to return my DD safely to me.

Here is a picture of Annaleigh at the blessed event. Hopefully in a few weeks I can update with some pics of the official competition (they are performing a punk rock number) complete with full crazy hair and makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment