Saturday, February 13, 2010

Show Us Your Life - Valentine's Day

In the "Show Us Your Life" tradition from Kelly's Korner, here is my V-Day memory:
My most memorable Valentine's Day happened just four years ago. I was due to deliver my 2nd child, on February 25th, but at a regular doctor's visit, we found out the baby was making an early appearance (we didn't know the sex ahead of time). I went from the doc's office straight to the hospital and checked in about 7pm. My dear hubby had to go home and get all the bags, and despite the fact that most of it was already packed, he had to go through and gather some items that couldn't go in ahead of time (i.e. flat iron, makeup, pillow, carseat, etc.) He did a wonderful job.

Settling in at the Hospital

I just knew we were going to have our baby on Valentine's Day, but this took a little longer than we thought, although it did still happen very quickly compared to some people! The doc finally broke my water around 2am and we welcomed our baby into the world at 3am! I anxiously awaited the announcement, "It's a .........!" We didn't have to wait long, and I asked my husband, "What is it?" The look on his face was priceless. Although we didn't want to find out what we were having, I secretly really thought it was a girl again, because all of my symptoms had been the exact same with my daughter. After I asked, my husband looked at me, and through disbelief said "It's a BOY!" He might as well have said it was a puppy, and I wouldn't have been any more surprised if it was! Although he was a surprise, I wouldn't trade my little boy for the world. Although he was technically born on the 15th, this will always go down as my most memorable Valentine's Day ever....at least so far!
First Mommy and Baby picture

Sweet Baby Boy
Alden Brock Baggett
February 15, 2006
3:00am
7 lb, 11 oz
20.5 in

First Bath with Daddy


Now a clean, sweet baby boy

Meeting big sister, Annaleigh, for the first time
Getting ready to go home!
FYI-We have decided to not find out the sex of this baby that we are carrying now. In August, I'll anxiously await the announcement, "It's a ............!"

No comments:

Post a Comment