Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tigers & Elephants & Clowns.....Oh MY!!

Friday night was fun filled as we took Alden to the circus for the first time. For the record, Annaleigh went, too, but it wasn't her first time. I had not been to the circus since I was a child, and I think Jason and I had just as much fun as the kids did. I had all these memories of my cousin Aneece taking me to the circus when I was my kids' age. At the time, she wasn't married and didn't have any children, so I was like her borrowed child. She was always so sweet to me.


As a matter of fact, and completely off the subject, my mother became VERY sick when I was in the 3rd grade. Turns out her appendix actually ruptured before she got to the hospital and she came very close to not making it there in time. As a nine year old with very long straight hair (pre-flat iron days), my only concern was not for my sick mother, but for who would come and fix my hair for school. I mean, let's face it, I knew what was going to happen if my dear father or my two older brothers got a hold of it. So, my precious mother, in the midst of her pain and imminent death...called the only person she knew with hair-fixing skills....Aneece. She came to my house every morning before her work and my school and did my hair. If I never said it, I owe my yearbook picture to Aneece!


Back to the circus...Annaleigh wasn't feeling well and ended up being very sick b/c we were sitting up so high. The circus was also very lengthy, and both of my children, along with some of those around me, began to whine incesantly about when it was going to be over! So much for my very expensive tickets!

Here are some pics to prove we really did enjoy ourselves.


The elephants are always a big hit...no pun intended...ok, I really did intend the pun.

Crazy guy locked in a cage with tigers, but very entertaining.




Three girls with way more flexibility than me!


No comments:

Post a Comment