Saturday, February 13, 2010

Pool Project-Start to Finish-Part 1

Since this weekend is a snowy one in Alabama, and I am looking longingly at my pool, wishing for warmer weather, I thought I would show our pool project...start to finish....which has taken 2 years and is still in the works!! For the record, I, my dear hubby, dear father, dear mother, dear church family, and dear neighbor did almost all of the work ourselves (with the exception of the real pool stuff that we were unqualified for.) If there was heavy lifting, as in 150 feet of retaining wall using 13 pallets of blocks where each block weighed 75 pounds, then we did it. If it was shoveling over 25 tons of gravel and river rock, by hand, then we did it. And when I say me, I really mean it. I can shovel and keep up with any man!




Laying out the outline. I know our yard looks like the carnies just moved out, but I promise it gets better!





1st Day of excavation! So exciting to come home from work each day and see what had been accomplished!



Annaleigh and Alden exploring in the giant hole that would become the pool...Yes, if you are wondering, that is a LOT of sandrock that had to be broken up!

The walls going up...


We had custom steps built, so they actually cover all of the shallow end. This gives lots of room for the babies to play on the steps with Mom and Dad.


Concrete on the bottom...



The liner goes in....


The brick coping is being laid around the outside...


Concrete molds are being designed...we have lots of room for flower beds...


Houston, we have concrete!

Part 2 will follow soon and maybe you'll get to see that it really does all come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment